Política De Privacidade
At GatesAir, we take your privacy seriously. The company is committed to protecting the privacy of our customers and users of our website.
Right to Object: Please note that you have a legal right to object at any time to:
- use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes; and
- processing of your personal information which is based on our legitimate interests, unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for our continued processing.
The Information We Collect
We will collect and “process” (which, depending on the context, may simply mean electronically store) some or all of the following personal information:
- Information about you: your name, address, email address, telephone number and service details (if applicable);
- Payment details: such as credit/debit card number and expiration date;
- Information about your use of our website: including details of your internet protocol (IP) address, domain name, cookie details, browser version and operating system, traffic data, the web pages you viewed, and how long you stayed, and location data from your IP address;
- Information about your use of our products and/or services: product and services interests and preferences, other data you may provide us, including from forms you may fill out, products or services you indicate are of interest to you, or details you provide us about a service request; and
- Our correspondence: if you contact us, we will typically keep a record of that correspondence.
When and How We Collect Information
We will mainly collect your personal information directly, through our interactions with you in one or more of the following ways:
- When you use our website, we may obtain information via cookies and similar devices or forms you fill out online;
- When you register for webinars, events (such as tradeshows, seminars and/or workshops) or request marketing material you may fill out associated forms or we may note the materials you request or web pages you view;
- When you visit our trade shows, you may provide us information associated with your admission badge;
- When you email us or otherwise contact us, you may provide us your contact information including email address;
- When you send us a service request, you may provide us contact information;
- When you purchase our products or services:
- you may provide us your contact information;
- If you apply for a position you may provide us information in connection with that application.
The Legal Basis for Processing Your Personal Information
Under GDPR, the main grounds that we rely upon in order to process personal information of our customers and users of our websites are the following:
(a) Necessary for entering into, or performing, a contract – in order to perform obligations that we undertake in providing a service to you, or in order to take steps at your request to enter into a contract with us, it will be necessary for us to process your personal data;
(b) Necessary for compliance with a legal obligation – we are subject to certain legal requirements which may require us to process your personal data. We may also be obligated by law to disclose your personal data to a regulatory body or law enforcement agency;
(c) Necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests - either we, or a third party, will need to process your personal data for the purposes of our (or a third party’s) legitimate interests, provided we have established that those interests are not overridden by your rights and freedoms, including your right to have your personal data protected. Our legitimate interests include responding to requests and enquiries from you or a third party, optimizing our website and customer experience, our market research, informing you about our products and services, and ensuring that our operations are conducted in an appropriate and efficient manner;
(d) Consent – in some circumstances, we may ask for your consent to process your personal data in a particular way.
How Long We Will Hold Your Information
Your Rights on the Information We Hold About You
You have certain rights in relation to personal information we hold about you. Details of these rights and how to exercise them are set out below. We will require evidence of your identity before we are able to act on your request.
Right of Access
You have the right at any time to ask us for a copy of the personal information about you that we hold. Where we have good reason, and if the GDPR permits, we can refuse your request for a copy of your personal information, or certain elements of the request. If we refuse your request or any element of it, we will provide you with our reasons for doing so.
Right of Correction or Completion
If personal information we hold about you is not accurate, out of date or incomplete, you have a right to have the data rectified, updated or completed. You can let us know by contacting us.
Right of Erasure
In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that personal information we hold about you is erased e.g. if the information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or processed or our processing of the information is based on your consent and there are no other legal grounds on which we may process the information.
Right to object to or restrict processing
In certain circumstances, you have the right to object to our processing of your personal information by contacting us. For example, if we are processing your information on the basis of our legitimate interests and there are no compelling legitimate grounds for our processing which override your rights and interests. You also have the right to object to use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
You may also have the right to restrict our use of your personal information, such as in circumstances where you have challenged the accuracy of the information and during the period where we are verifying its accuracy.
Right of Data Portability
In certain instances, you have a right to receive any personal information that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You can ask us to transmit that information to you or directly to a third party organization.
The above right exists only in respect of personal information that:
- you have provided to us previously; and
- is processed by us using automated means.
While we are happy for such requests to be made, we are not able to guarantee technical compatibility with a third-party organization’s systems. We are also unable to comply with requests that relate to personal information of others without their consent.
To the extent that we are processing your personal information based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us using the details in the Contact section below.
You can exercise any of the above rights by contacting us using any of the methods in the Contact section below.
Most of the above rights are subject to limitations and exceptions. We will provide reasons if we are unable to comply with any request for the exercise of your right.
We have put in place measures to ensure the security of the information we collect and store about you and will use our reasonable efforts to protect your personal data from unauthorized disclosure and/or access including through the use of network and database security measures, but these cannot guarantee the security of any data which is collected and stored.
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site via third party networks; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Transferring Your Information Outside of Europe
The information which you give to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). For example, the company has offices in the United States and some of our third-party providers may be located outside of the EU.
Where this is the case we will take steps to make sure the right security measures are taken so that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this policy.
By submitting your personal data, you are agreeing to this transfer, storing, or processing. The Company takes appropriate measures, by contract or otherwise, to provide adequate protection for personal information that is disclosed to a third party or transferred to another country, including transfers within the Company.
If you feel that your personal data has been processed in a way that does not meet the GDPR, you have a specific right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. The supervisory authority will then tell you of the progress and outcome of your complaint.
How to Contact Us
If you have any enquires or if you would like to contact us about our processing of your personal information, including to exercise your rights as outlined above, please contact us centrally by any of the methods below. When you contact us, we will ask you to verify your identity.
- By email: Privacy@gatesair.com.
- Or write to us at GatesAir, Inc., ATTN: GatesAir Privacy, 5300 Kings Island Drive, Mason, Ohio 45040.