As a leader in providing innovative, reliable products and solutions to the world’s most important media companies, GatesAir knows that there are times you need that same reliability in service and support. GatesAir personnel with a long history of broadcast innovation and expertise are ready to help you with both day-to-day requests and unexpected issues.
If you want technical training from experienced experts who have design, installation, maintenance and start up expertise – then you've come to the right place. Welcome to GatesAir Training Center.
We are the source for high quality Broadcast Technical and Operations Training which will help maximize the efficiency of your equipment and minimize the costly mistakes that can jeopardize your facility. With a variety of top of the line training solutions and high-caliber instructors, we can customize a learning solution that works for you.
Designed for operators and engineers, with a combination of classroom learning and hands-on exercises using actual GatesAir products, your staff will learn how to take full advantage of your GatesAir product and solution investment.
GatesAir and the United States Telecommunications Training Institute (USTTI) offer an annual two-week training session on Broadcast Transmitter Operation and Maintenance. Since 1983 over 250 engineers from 60 countries have participated in this program. Click here for more information.
If you prefer individualized instruction, GatesAir on-site training is for you. Our educators will develop a customized program that focuses on your specific equipment, people and operations. We can also bring many of our standardized classroom training programs to your facilities.
To discuss training options that best fit your organization's needs or to reserve a seat in scheduled training classes, please contact us at Training@gatesair.com or call +1 888 840 4622.
List of Available Training Courses
RF 101: Fundamentals of RF
This 3-Day course will be held at the GatesAir Factory Training Facility in Quincy, IL. The course can also be delivered at the customer site if required.
The course will provide fundamentals of Radio Frequency circuits and promote an understanding of VHF and UHF principles. It designed to allow the entry level Engineer to pick up the basics as well as provide in depth topics to the experienced Engineer to upgrade his skills.
Topics to be covered (includes classroom and hands-on):
- Behavior of components at radio frequencies
- Linearity and classes of amplification
- Basics of Adaptive correction
- RFI, Shielding and Grounding
- Impedance matching with coaxial devices
- Effect of directivity on VSWR measurement and system indicators
- Directional coupler setup
- Power measurement techniques for accuracy
- Network analyzer measurement techniques
- Analysis and Interpretation of Smith Chart
- Optimization of coaxial reducers to attain accurate measurements
- Applications of the quarter-wave hybrid
- Multi-channel combiners
- Review of antenna terms and outside plant coax and waveguide
- Challenges of mobile reception and urban propagation
Factory Transmitter Training
Designed for operators and engineers, with a combination of classroom learning and hands-on exercises using actual GatesAir products, Transmitter Engineers will learn how to operate, maintain and repair your GatesAir Transmitter products.
Each GatesAir Training course will cover the following topics:
- Equipment Layout
- Component Location
- Using Technical Documentation / E-Customer Portal
- Theory of Operation, including:
- Power Supply Systems
- RF Chain
- Transmitter Control
- Cooling Systems
- Hands-On Equipment Setup and Operation
- Maintenance, including
- Recurring Maintenance
- Service Bulletins
- Installation Tips
- Module Repair
The following standard courses are offered by GatesAir at the Quincy, Illinois factory location for each of these current production and legacy products. (Contact the GatesAir Training Department for on-site or specific custom class requirements.)
|Transmitter Series||Length of Course|
|Radio Products||Flexiva FAX™||3 days|
|Flexiva HPX™||3 days|
|Flexiva 3DX®||3 days|
|Flevixa DX™||3 days|
|Television Products||Maxiva™ UAX||3 days|
|Maxiva™ UAXT||3 days|
|Maxiva™ ULX||3 days|
|Maxiva™ ULXT||3 days|
|Maxiva™ VAX||3 days|
|Maxiva™ VLX||3 days|
|Maxiva PowerCD®||4 days|
(please inquire for availability)
|Z Series FM||3 days|
Register to Attend a Class
- All classes are tentatively scheduled and subject to change
- Minimum of 4 students are required for each class
- Payment or purchase order is required prior to class start date to attend
- A $100.00 fee will be charged for withdrawing 2 weeks prior to class start date
- A $500.00 fee will be charged for non-notification of class withdrawal