GatesAir Wins in Vietnam
Cincinnati, OH, December 10, 2020
GatesAir, a global leader in wireless, over-the-air content delivery solutions for TV and radio broadcasters, announces a strategic DVB-T2 TV transmission win in Vietnam in cooperation with channel partner Emico.
- VTV (Vietnam Television), Vietnam’s national state television broadcaster, recently completed a national DVB-T2 network expansion to four new transmission sites. The new sites are located in various northern regions of the country.
- Emico installed and commissioned Maxiva ULXT liquid-cooled UHF TV transmitters (2.4KW of digital power). The solid-state Maxiva transmitters will deliver nine VTV programs and one local program, providing clear digital TV service to previously underserved regions.
- GatesAir won the contract due to familiarity and system reliability, as well as the long-term business relationship between GatesAir and Emico. Technical evaluations from both organizations confirmed that Maxiva liquid-cooled transmitters will improve operational efficiency and reduce maintenance costs across the network.
- VTV first installed Maxiva liquid-cooled transmitters for analog TV in 2009, and have more recently installed liquid-cooled transmitters for digital TV. All Maxiva transmitters in the network will share the same hot-swappable power supplies and amplifier modules, minimizing labor and repairs while maximizing operational efficiency.
- Emico has been our local transmission partner for VTV since the 1990s, and is a longtime GatesAir customer. In addition to modern high-efficiency GatesAir transmitters, VTV operates a number of legacy Harris transmitters across Vietnam.
For further information, contact Joe Mack, Chief Revenue Officer at joe [at] gatesair [dot] com.